Gain Peace of Mind
99.8% Accurate at
Identifying SARS-Cov-2 Virus
Results available 36 Hours From Collection
All our tests are performed in a CLIA Certified High Complexity Laboratory utilizing the most cutting edge technology.
Dedicated to Helping Hometown Clients
We are ALL Partners in Building
Who is Synergy Diagnostic Laboratory?
SynergyDx is a CLIA (Federally) licensed medical laboratory to perform Covid-19 tests, established in 2012.
Can I order by phone?
Yes! You can schedule a Drive Up Testing appointment or order an At Home Test kit to be delivered to your home. Please call 954-835-5198.
What kind of test is it?
When will I get my results?
How will I get my results?
How can I get support?
What types of collection kits are available?
What genes in our test are targeted to detect COVID-19?
The SynergyDX COVID-19 Assay is:
- Specific in the Detection of SARS-CoV-2 by targeting:
- ORF1ab gene
- N gene
- Sensitive with a Limit of detection range of:
- 7.14 to 27.24 copies/mL
- Reliable in Performance with verified case studies from outbreak’s point of origin
Will my COVID-19 test be covered by my insurance?
Most Insurance companies are not reimbursing for general COVID screening or travel related testing. Here are some helpful tips on how to submit the detailed receipt to your Insurance company for possible reimbursement.
How do I submit an insurance claim online?
Submitting a claim in your Insurance Companies secure patient portal is a breeze. Log in and follow the Submitting a Claim instructions to begin the process. Our receipt has all the information you’ll need to submit the claim.
How do I submit an insurance claim by mail?
Download the form for the claim on your Insurance Companies website. This form may either be completed on your computer and printed out or printed blank and then completed by hand using black or blue ink.
Once your claim form is complete, mail your form with the claim details and receipts to the address on the back of your health plan ID card.
What happens after i submit my insurance claim?
After your claim is processed, you’ll receive an EOB this explains the charges applied to your deductible or co-insurance. If your Insurance company reimburses you there should be a check with the EOB.
Helpful Hints for Insurance Claims
Whether you submit a digital or hard copy form, here are some tips and tricks on how to make the claims process easy and efficient.
- Be sure to complete all of the applicable fields on the form. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
- Keep a copy of the form, claim details and receipts for your records.
- Send or submit the claim as soon as possible, and as close to the date of service as possible.
- If you have other insurance include that corresponding Explanation of Benefits (EOB) with your claim.